The other day as Ian was watching Sesame Street he suddenly became completely enamored with "Super Grover". He stopped what he was doing and just stared in awe and wonder. After the clip was over, he insisted that I tie his "blue blanket" around his shoulders so that he could fly around like Super Grover.
Light bulb!!!
I can (and SHOULD) make him a cape of his very own! I mean, how can I even call myself a mother otherwise?!?!?!=)
So I looked online and found a great and seemingly simple pattern for a Batman/Superman cape, but I thought I would try it out with a little less expensive fabric first and see how it goes. (Besides, what kid can have too many capes, right?) So yesterday we went to the fabric store where I let Ian pick out his own fabric. He looked through several, oohing and aahing over the ones with bugs or tractors, before eventually picking a remnant that he said looked like "fire". Then, while he was napping, I got my sewing on.
This project turned out to be SO easy and fun and by the reaction I got from Ian, so totally worth it!!!

how fun shelly! what an awesome mama you are and how fun to see how happy a simple cape makes your little ian! :) so far we haven't been into capes in our house yet...but when that happens i know who to talk to! :)
ReplyDeleteSo fun!! I LOVE little boys and their super-capes like I never knew I could love something. He is adorable in his!
ReplyDelete-Laura