Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dinner Was Late Last Night

Yesterday was a fun and adventurous day for me and my favorite two year old.  We spent a chilly, January day at the zoo, and we had SO much fun!  

Watching the monkey's
There was hardly anyone else there and even though a lot of the exhibits were closed for the season, there was still plenty to see.  Plus, getting to walk around with the place pretty much to ourselves made it even better. 

The peacock was showing off for the ladies=)
We both had such a good time.  Ian, being the BIG boy that he is, wanted to walk 90% of the way, so he was a pretty tired boy by the time we left.  And I realized just how much more he is talking now than the last time we went, because he was calling every animal by name and making comments such as, "Ooh...monkey's stinky!" or 
"BIG tiger!"




We met a very nice man, whom I guessed to be a little older than myself, pushing his 9 month old baby in a stroller - just the two of them.  It was pretty cute!  He really liked Ian and was asking me questions about how old he is and when he started walking.  He then told me how excited he was for his own son to be Ian's age and to be walking and talking.  It made me stop wishing my baby was still a baby for a moment and appreciate his age from someone else's point of view.  I paused to appreciate the thrills that only a two year old can bring into your life, the serene beauty of the day and the pure joy and contentment I feel when spending the day with my Ian.  

These are truly the happiest days of all my life.

So what does dinner have to do with all of this, you ask???  Well, as I mentioned before, Ian was a pretty sleepy little guy after our adventures so he took an almost 4 hour nap when we got home.  (Yippee!!) He woke up just as I was getting dinner ready, so I got him a drink and a snack and turned on a movie for him to watch while I finished. 

Well, things didn't exactly go according to plan. 

A few minutes later, the little sweety, dragging his blanket behind him, came quietly creeping into the kitchen.  He put his face up against my legs, and wrapped his arms around me.  I rubbed his soft little head and said, "Hi Baby".  He looked up and smiling at me he said, "Wuv Ooh Mommy, Wuv Ooh Mommy, Wuv Ooh Mommy"... He just kept repeating it, over and over.  Of course, all dinner preparations went right out the window!!

So, like I said, dinner was late last night!=)

2 comments:

  1. Too cute!! We were totally going to go to the Zoo yesterday but couldn't because Tay was home sick! So I am living through your pictures now! Glad you guys had fun and that your boy appreciates how awesome his mom is:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. some of our most fun adventures happened at the zoo. :) sounds like a wonderful time together! the end almost had me in tears. i can't wait to hear those words from my sweet milo. ;) right now all he does is scream and yell while tugging at my hand as i'm trying to cook. ;)
    a 4 hour nap?? what did you do with all that time?? :)

    ReplyDelete

We Love Comments