I have figured out how I would describe my husband in just two words...
Romantic Comedy
He is one of the funniest people I have ever met. His sense of humor is what drew me into his charm from the beginning, and is one of the biggest reasons that I am still smiling now, almost 17 years later! He is usually the life of any party, and can come up with the funniest things, seemingly out of nowhere.
But he also has a really tender, romantic and sweet side that only I get to see. This makes me feel like one of the luckiest women in the whole world!
Funny AND romantic... seriously, do they come any better?
I THINK NOT!!!
For Valentine's Day this year, my sister had the ingenious idea to swap babysitting for each other. (I honestly don't know why we don't do this more often!) Anyway, she offered to take Ian overnight on Friday night and we took her boys Saturday. This way, we each got a Valentine date and our boys got to have two cousin sleepovers in a row!
I told Mike about our superb arrangement, and he voluntarily offered to plan our date for us.
He said, "how about I come up with something and surprise you?"
Yes, ladies, he is real. And believe me, I would clone him if I could because he would make me one RICH lady!!!=)
So Friday afternoon, our "romantic comedy" themed date began. I dropped Ian off and came home to get ready. When I walked in, a dozen roses were there waiting on the kitchen table to greet me.
We got ready and then went to see the romantic comedy "Just Go With It". We are movie people and would probably go see just about anything, but Jennifer Aniston is one of our favorite actresses, and who can go wrong with an Adam Sandler comedy, right?!?!
After the movie, Mike took us to "The Wild Rose" restaurant where he had made reservations. It is a cozy and romantic new restaurant that just opened in our area, and he had been wanting to try it out since we first saw it.
Let me just tell you, it was one of the best dinners I have eaten in a really long time! Of course, my date was fabulous, but the food was...well indescribably delicious! From the first bite, to the last, (with WAY too much consumed in between) I was in absolute heaven! It is owned by the same guy who owns the "Tiburon" restaurant, and I would HIGHLY recommend going to one of the two. It is pricey, but you will not be disappointed!
So, so good!!
So, so good!!
Then we came home, fed the dog, changed our clothes, and headed out to wrap up our date in true comedic fashion. Mike had gotten us tickets to go see "Spamalot". This would be a very weird show if you had never seen "Monty Python and the Holy Grail", but if you are a fan of the film, the musical will not let you down.
We thought it was great and laughed - A LOT!
So, there it was...
a romantic comedy for starters, a bit more romance, and a touch more comedy to round out what was a truly wonderful and memorable Valentine's Day date.
a romantic comedy for starters, a bit more romance, and a touch more comedy to round out what was a truly wonderful and memorable Valentine's Day date.
Thank you so much Honey for the love and care you put into our relationship and for keeping things special all these years later. I appreciate your thoughtfulness SO much and I am so grateful to have a husband that likes to do sweet, wonderful things for his lady. I am so lucky to have you and I am grateful for you every day...but today I get to celebrate having the best Valentine I could have ever dreamed of.
Happy Valentine's Day - I LOVE YOU BABE!!!
And to my littlest Valentine...I hope you grow up to be just like your Daddy! The two of you make my heart feel like it is filled to the brim every day! I love you my sweet baby!
Happy Valentine's Day - I LOVE YOU BABE!!!
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
![]() |
| (Aint that the truth!?!?!?=) |








I am glad you two had a good Valentine's! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteThanks babe, love you
ReplyDeleteYou are lucky! Mike is a doll... and ridiculously silly to boot. :) You two rock!
ReplyDelete