Have you ever noticed how an average, mundane, un-extraordinary day can be the days when the best memories are created?
Some of my favorite memories have been made on days when I was least expecting them. Here are just a few of my wonderful "Ian" memories that were created recently that I don't ever want to forget.
Ian saw his hiking pack in a closet downstairs and wanted to go for a walk. I told him that it was too cold to go outside right then, so he seemed perfectly content to just sit in it...in the closet=)
(And not to worry...he DID get a haircut shortly after this photo was taken=)
Despite the look on his face that would scream otherwise, Ian and I really do love to go watch my niece Karly play softball. It hasn't been the greatest of weather so far this season, but we just bundle up and are ready to cheer!
Do all kids love to play in laundry baskets? I know mine do=)
Grandma Bonnie got us and my sister's kids tickets to a hockey game recently. It was a lot of fun and Ian loved having his cousins there to play with. I snapped this picture of Grandma with her boys when they were too busy watching the game to notice me. She sure loves them boys, and we sure love her!!!!
Today we went to lunch and to see the movie "Hop" with my sister and these boys of hers. I wish I had a picture of Ian's face when we walked into lunch and he saw them sitting there. He squealed with delight, yelled out their names, and ran to them as fast as his little legs could carry him. I love how excited he gets to see them, even if it has only been a few hours since he last saw them. What would he do without his "cousin friends"???
I think I have mentioned before how much Ian loves the "baby bed". He really likes to climb up into it and jump to his little heart's content! But a few nights ago, he wanted to just chill in there before bedtime and listen to some tunes. He wanted "baby's bear" to listen too so he put one of his headphones on the bear=)
And now for my favorite recent memory/discovery.
As you all know, we have been having the longest and coldest winter in history!!! Okay, maybe I am exaggerating a little bit. I know that "technically" it is spring, but we have had so much snow and cold weather, that it feels like our winter has just been dragging on forever!!!
Anyway, as it has been so cold, Ian has been wearing footed pajamas to bed all winter. Well, recently we have been blessed with a few rare warmer nights, so we have had him wear some p.j.'s without feet in them to bed. We always have him wear socks, but he ALWAYS takes them off. This happens during the day when he naps too, but it wasn't until we were cuddling before bed one night and he was taking off his socks that we learned the reason WHY the socks always come off.
Look closer at his toes...
He has always had the sweetest little habit of rubbing the edge of his blanket as he drifts off to sleep, and apparently, he likes to feel it between his toes too.
And yes, he also likes to wear "sock gloves" sometimes too=)
I am so glad we made this little discovery. I think it is going to go down as one of my most favorite memories from this stage of his life. Man, I love that little guy and I sure am blessed to be his Mom!!!
Oh...and did I mention that it has been 3 years and 4 months since I have been on a real vacation and that I am leaving for one in just one week?!?!?!? I hope our hotel has a comfy bed and that Ian sleeps well there, because I don't think I will sleep a wink the night before we leave!!!=)
Warm weather and beaches, here we come!!!






LOVE!
ReplyDeletelooks like you guys are HAVING FUN!! :) enjoy your vacation!! my sister and i just got back and it was really difficult to leave! :)
ReplyDelete