Friday, May 6, 2011

Flashback Friday: I Love You Sweet Boy

Flashback Friday's ~ This idea began one day while I was perusing through some of my old posts on a private blog we had set up for friends and family while our son was in foster care.

A lot of really wonderful things happened to our little family while we had our private blog set up, so every now and then, I am going to re-post some of those wonderful memories. I hope you will enjoy looking back at them as much as I do!

This is a post that I wrote on my very first Mother's Day as a Mother.  Reading it brings back tender feelings that I still hold close to my heart.  
Although I am blessed beyond words to be able to celebrate each Mother's Day with the absolute knowledge that my son will always be with me, I will never forget my first Mother's Day and the ever constant and choking fear that mingled with the overwhelming love in my heart.

"I Love You Sweet Boy" - originally posted 
May 10, 2009

I didn’t get to feel you in my belly. Instead, I get to feel you in my arms.

I didn’t know you were coming because of contractions. Instead, I got a phone call that you were here and waiting for us.

I didn’t know what you would look like. Now I will never forget your face.

Others may say that I am not your Mom. But it is your Mom you see when you look at me with those beautiful big, brown eyes.

I know I was meant to be your Mother. But I am afraid I will not get to carry that honored title long enough.

I never knew why I couldn’t have a child of my own. Now I know it was because I was waiting for you.

I am sorry I can’t take away what is happening to you. But I promise I will always fight for you.

I wanted you before I knew you were out there. I will never stop wanting you.

I hope that you can stay with me forever. I pray you will remember me if you go.

You are my Baby. My sweet baby. You couldn't be any more mine had I been able to bring you into this world myself. Perhaps I appreciate you more because I couldn't.

I have waited a lifetime for you, and I will spend the rest of that lifetime loving you. Thank you for giving me the best Mother’s Day I have ever known.

I Love You Sweet Boy!

1 comment:

  1. oh geeze shelly ~ i have tears streaming down my face.....i am so glad that your little ian is YOURS forever!! :) happy mother's day to one of the best mom's EVER! :)

    ReplyDelete

We Love Comments