Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Date Night With Ian

Recently, Mike and I were thinking that with all the attention that our two babies are demanding these days, that our Ian was probably overdue for a date night with just mom and dad.  Based on how excited he got when I told him our plans this morning, I think we were right!=)  He kept asking (all day) if it was time to go yet.  He called it "our special date" and he couldn't wait to go. 

After being pretty patient all day, it was finally time. I loaded Ian and the babies into the new minivan and headed over the river and through the woods to grandma and grandpa's house.  After leaving the little ones with Papa, we headed to the convenient store to pick out our movie treats.  Ian went with juice and Swedish Fish, I picked a Whatchamacallit, and Mike requested Reese's Pieces.  Then it was time to meet up with Dad for dinner.

As this was Ian's "special date", we let him pick the place.  He said he wanted "a taco/burrito from the place with the water wall",
a.k.a Costa Vida.  

This is the first picture I took.
We thought it was so funny that we had to do it again.
By this photo, we were all smiling=)
Next up, the "big movies" to see "The Lorax".
Ian was so good and loved the movie.

Mommy and her sweet boy
I love this picture that Mikey took!
We all had such a good time! 
We enjoyed some much needed alone time and hope to be able to do it again very soon.

(And I even got Ian to kiss me at the end of our special date.   
Success indeed!!!!)

3 comments:

  1. So fun! Jared and I will take the kids out one at a time but it's always just one of us. I like the idea of both parents and one kids. Got to try and add that into the schedule somehow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, as you know, Ian is so much fun to hang out with that neither one of us wanted to stay home and miss out on the fun, which is why we both went=) I imagine that with babysitting issues, we both won't always be able to go, but it was really fun!

    ReplyDelete

We Love Comments