Tuesday, September 4, 2012

This Little Piggy

As any of you mothers can probably relate, when we got our first baby, we were bombarded with blankets. We had so many baby blankets, we didn't know what to do with them all!

And, of course, Ian immediately picked out which one was his favorite. It was a blue fleece one with stars that had been handed down from Mike's sister. 

Once, when Ian was pretty young, his favorite blue blanket was dirty at bedtime. With much trepidation, I tried substituting a white one that "felt" the same. He protested a little, but surprisingly, once he realized that it felt the same, he was okay with it. 

Here we are, years later, and my Ian still sleeps with his white blanket (which is now more grey than white) and his blue blanket EVERY SINGLE NIGHT!!!


But the part of this story that I love the most is what he does with his blankets when he is drifting off to sleep. 

When Ian was quite small, he developed the cutest little habit of sticking his blanket in between his toes.  This was quite unconscious, I believe, but it helped him feel safe enough or soothed enough to drift off into a peaceful sleep.

Ian at age 2



I cannot tell you how big my heart smiles when I go to kiss my almost four years old son goodnight and I still see this.  

Ian at almost 4 years old

I secretly hope he never stops!!!

1 comment:

We Love Comments