Monday, August 9, 2010

Pet Peeve

Do any of you have a pet peeve that you decided was better to just keep to yourself because you didn't want to offend the people who were the cause of said pet peeve?

I do.

I decided that I wasn't going to say anything though, and I was going to try to just ignore it and let it go. It was something that I didn't encounter all that often, so I figured I would just deal with it. That was until I came across it THREE times in as many days! That, and the fact that one of the offenders was none other than my dear, sweet hubby=)

He caught his typo and fixed it fairly quickly, but I figured that I wouldn't offend him by saying anything, so here was my chance to air my dirty laundry and put it out there once and for all. You will probably think this is dumb, and I admit, it is. But it really bugs me, so here it is...

Loose
= free or released from fastening or attachment; not bound together.
Lose = to come to be without (something in one's possession or care), through accident, theft, etc., so that there is little or no prospect of recovery.

If you LOSE something, please don't say LOOSE, or I will LOSE my mind!!.

Thank you.

That is all=)

2 comments:

  1. Hahahahahaha! I wonder if I am an offender...
    Crap-I am going to my blog to go check!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! No wonder we have been friends forever! We both suffer from vocab pet peeves! I hate it when people get their there wrong. They're so annoying when they do that!!! I am just as pained by the lose/loose. Do they just not pay attention in class or do they not care? I swear that more people get it wrong than right though!

    ReplyDelete

We Love Comments