Thursday, August 12, 2010

Summer Storms and Yummy Homemade Food

We have been experiencing a summer of amazing and wild thunderstorms here in our neck of the woods.  We have had some loud cracks of thunder that have shaken our house and even caused our smoke detector to go off.  It has been awesome to watch, but even more fun to play in=)

A couple of nights ago, I was feeling particularly domestic, so I made the most scrumptious homemade dinner.  Mike pulled into the garage just as the storm rolled in, so we put dinner on hold, I grabbed the camera, and we all ran outside to play.  Well, Ferris and I stayed up where we could stay dry and I took pictures of Daddy and Ian playing in the warm, summer rains.

It was really incredible how much rain came down in such a short amount of time.  Being boys, of course they had to take advantage of that, and even got out the rubber ducky to join in their fun.

The neighbors even came out when they saw how much fun these two were having!
This little downpour created the most beautiful double-rainbow.  Even though you really can't see the second arch in this picture, believe me, it was gorgeous!
After a little drying off...
...we went back inside to enjoy our delicious meal of homemade Cream of Asparagus soup and wheat bread,

and our dessert of fresh peach pie a la mode.  Mmmmmm!!!
Ian enjoyed the bread so much...
that he had to call everyone and tell them what a good cook his Mama is=)

A summer storm and a delicious dinner = one pretty great night!!

4 comments:

  1. What amazingly fun pictures! I love how hands on your hubby is with Ian. What a great Daddy.
    -Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I already posted this but may have deleted it accidentally so if I double up I'm sorry. I LOVE cream of asparagus soup! It makes me want to make some myself this week! Your night looks like it was a blast! But seriously, you need to stop being such awesome parents because you are starting to make the rest of us look bad!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys look like you had so much fun! I love playing in the rain. And your food looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHHH! I just left a comment and it got deleted. The jist of it was-your soup looks DELISH! And I am sorry I was a butt last night-I was tired and stressed and annoyed with my hubby. ANYWAY-I hope you guys had a great time at the Cabin:)

    ReplyDelete

We Love Comments