If you are in need of a good, healthy dose of Christmas spirit, all you need to do is help over 75 of Utah's Air National Guard's men and women to deliver Christmas gifts to hundreds of children in foster care.
Yep, that'll do it!!!
Beginning back in November, "Giving Trees" were placed in various stores and businesses all throughout the Salt Lake Valley. On these trees were ornaments, upon which were written the Christmas wishes of Utah's children currently in foster care. Many thoughtful and generous people donated gifts or money to help fulfill these simple wishes. The amazing people at the Utah Foster Care Foundation then wrapped every item and marked it to go to the deserving children. Today was delivery day, and we got to be a part of it.
We were so honored to be among these amazing men and women, who are already giving so much of themselves for our country, and yet who were willing to give even a little bit more today to help some wonderful children. We were so grateful to witness this and to be a part of it and we hope we can continue to be a part of this for a long time to come!
(We were interviewed by two local news stations (4 and 5) so if you're bored tonight, check us out.)
Happy Holidays Everyone!!
I will be watching for sure! You guys are amazing! The world needs more Shelly and Mikes! Thanks for your great example!!?
ReplyDeleteI've said it before and I'll say it again....
ReplyDeleteI LOVE YOU GUYS!
"If I'm bored?" I'll be watching for you even if I'm not bored! That's awesome! I grew up choosing an angel off of the tree each year and LOVE that those trees are still around. We'll have to do one next year! Great picture and great post:)
ReplyDeleteIt was so much fun having the airmen show up at our house! They were adorable with our little guy.
ReplyDelete