Yesterday marked four weeks from the day of my surgery.
Four weeks - a month!
I am SO glad to have made it through the roughest parts of the recovery process and to now have better health to look forward to, every single day.
I had a checkup with my boyfriend, uhhh... I mean my surgeon yesterday. (Wink, wink hubby=) He said that everything looks great and I am healing wonderfully. Yeah body!!!
He also gave me the pictures he took of my uterus.
(And NO, I am not going to post them! But if you want to see the gory details, come on over.)
I am really glad to have them though. The pictures are another HUGE piece of closure for me. They show me, in bloody, vivid detail, exactly how much suffering I had been subjected to and how much relief I now have to look forward to with my uterus gone and out of there.
My doctor asked me if I missed my uterus, and I said, "No way. Not at all." Even though I am still recovering, and still dealing with the pains and discomforts that came from having surgery, I am feeling
SO MUCH BETTER already!!
I really didn't expect to be feeling this good already, and I am grateful for this wonderful surprise. I know that once I can walk at more than a snail's pace, when I can stand up straight and not hunch over when I feel a tug, when I can make it through an entire day without needing ibuprofen, or when I can stop shuffling my feet and feeling like I need a nap all day long, that I will feel even better.
That is really exciting to me!
I am so grateful to have made this decision, and to have a month of recovery already behind me.
I really worried that with having this surgery, I would be trading in one set of problems for another. The knowledge I have now, knowing that this isn't what happened, is a
very Merry Christmas present to me indeed.
And as a little Merry Christmas gift to you, since I am in such a good mood (either that or I was just suffering from a moment of insanity) I briefly considered giving you a glimpse of my "swelly belly", just to show you how far I have come.
Then my sanity returned=) Email me if you really want to see the before and after's of my incision and I will send them your way.
Then my sanity returned=) Email me if you really want to see the before and after's of my incision and I will send them your way.
Yep, I am just that giving=)
I love you, Shelly! I'm so happy to hear you're healing quickly. Sending love and angels your way for continued improvement.
ReplyDeleteshelly i am SO happy to hear that you are doing well. :) i haven't been "blogging" as much lately but i think about you all the time! i can hear the happiness in your voice and that is awesome!! merry christmas!!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteHey Shelley! I don't know how I missed it that you have a blog...or did I just forget? I've been forgetting alot lately. Anyway, I had no idea you were having surgery until you commented something suspiscious on my blog! I'm glad to hear you're doing well. And by the way, I have been back-reading and I can't believe Mike makes pies! Uh, where has he been hiding that talent (and those pies) all this time?! And Ben and I were loving that pic of y'all at Mike's company christmas party many years ago! Awesome! Are y'all coming to Gayle's on Christmas Eve? Hope to see you then! Give Ian hugs and kisses for us!
ReplyDelete