Thursday, November 10, 2011

Las Vegas

I LOVE my husband!!!

I just cannot start this post any other way than by shouting from the rooftops how wonderful my Mikey is!!  He is constantly surprising me, spoiling me, and showering me with love, and I am so GRATEFUL for him!!!

This year, he planned a surprise getaway for my birthday.  We hadn't been away together, for more than one night, in FAR too long, so it was time!  He wouldn't tell me where we were going, and he planned everything.  And by everything, I mean he arranged for THREE separate child care situations for our two boys and our dog.  He is amazing!

Prior to "the big day", all I knew was the day we were departing and the day we would be back.  When I asked what the weather would be like so I would know what kind of clothes to pack, he would tell me that if I didn't have what I needed when we got there, he would just take me shopping.  Are you swooning yet?!?!?=)

Finally, the day before we were to leave, Mike started giving me a few clues.  He told me what the weather forecast would be, he informed me that we would be flying, and that was about it.

So, heart pounding with excitement, we got up on departure day, gathered up all the boys, took them to their designated homes for the next few days, and to the airport we went.  Mike checked in our bags, and it was not until we were just about to go through security when I learned we were headed for Las Vegas.

VEGAS baby!!

Honestly, he could've told me we were going to Boise and I would have been just as excited!  I just couldn't wait to spend four days with Mike.  Four days without the responsibility of being parents.  Four days to recharge and relax.  Four days to sleep in and eat whatever I wanted.  Four days without being pulled in 20 different directions.  Four days to be spoiled and celebrated.  Four days of bliss!!=)

The first thing we did when we got there, was head over to Henderson to eat at one of our favorite restaurants.


Mmmmm!!

I love eating outside!

Next, we headed to our hotel - Treasure Island. 




I had never been in this hotel before, and for some reason, I thought it was an older hotel.  But it was so nice.  Our room was great, and this was me about 5 minutes after we checked in.




And the surprises didn't stop there.  Mike had something planned for all three nights that we were there.  He said the days were mine to do whatever I wanted and then he would take care of the nights.

Night #1 : Cirque De Soleil's "Mystere"




It was awesome!  At times there was so much going on that I wasn't sure where exactly to look, but the talent and beauty of this show were amazing.  (I could have done without the older gentleman sitting next to me whose enthusiasm over the show was borderline obscene, but otherwise a great time was had!=)

The next morning, we lazily got ready and went to a FABULOUS breakfast at the Wynn hotel.


Then we did a little sight seeing...


...and went to the movies, just because we could=)

Night #2 : The Professional Bull Riders Finals


You may be asking yourself, WHY?  I mean, we aren't exactly country bumpkins like these two cuties...

(Who were SO jealous btw, when they found out where we were=)

But there is a VERY good reason why Mikey picked to take me here for my birthday.  You see, our very first date was to a Bull Riders event, and when he heard this was going on while we were in Vegas, he just had to stroll with me down memory lane...Awww!!!

The next day was my actual birthday.  We had some breakfast and then spent the rest of the day shopping.


We mostly bought stuff for the kiddos but Mike and I snagged some pretty great treasures too!  In fact, we have been needing some new luggage for quite a while and we came across some for a great deal.  So we snatched them up and then bought a bunch of stuff to fill them up with for the flight home=)

After lunch, we headed down to the hotel pool. It was wonderful!  I can feel the warm sun now, even as I am thinking about it!



Night #3: Terry Fator

For my final surprise, Mike bought us tickets to see Terry Fator, the ventriloquist who won "America's Got Talent" several years ago.  He is amazing.  Even if he wasn't a ventriloquist, the fact that he can sing and sound just like so many different people is amazing, but the fact that he can do it without moving his lips is just incredible!!


Before the show, Mike took me to the restaurant "Trevi" inside Caesar's Palace.  Delish!!!

Isn't he cute?!?!=)

And this was my birthday cake this year...


It was such a great birthday and once again, I am so grateful to have a hubby who enjoys spoiling his lady.
I love you Babe!
Can't wait to do it again!!!


1 comment:

  1. Woah! Who is the good looking guy in the last picture wearing some pretty awesome sunglasses? Your not too shabby yourself babe. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

We Love Comments