There was a time, not that very long ago, when I wondered if I would ever hear the pitter patter of little feet in my home.
I wondered if the tiny baby clothes and blankets, that were lovingly tucked away in the back of my hope chest, would ever have somebody to wear and enjoy them.
That uncertainty and questioning brought a pain to my heart that I will probably never forget.
At least, I hope I never do.
Because remembering that pain is what makes the joy I have now feel SO much brighter!
Remembering that pain and the ache I felt while waiting for my son is what allows me to smile from ear to ear as I step into my bathtub and see this...
I smiled today when I opened my normally clean purse to discover loose fruit snacks floating around the bottom.
I like finding a rock or a toy in the washing machine, and I love sharing my tub with sharks and dolphins because it means that I am sharing my life with my baby, and that, my friends, is a great thing!!!
I like finding a rock or a toy in the washing machine, and I love sharing my tub with sharks and dolphins because it means that I am sharing my life with my baby, and that, my friends, is a great thing!!!

Yes, that is definitely the sweet side of it all. I love it too!
ReplyDelete-Laura