Monday, March 21, 2011

St. Patty's Day

I have always enjoyed St. Patrick's Day, and as such,  I always try to find something fun to do to celebrate it.  

Of course we always wear green...

He added some green beads later on=)
...and we usually have some sort of "green" themed dinner.  This year it was cookies AND dinner.  First, we made green sugar cookies to share with the neighbors.  

Mmmm...yummy!  I had been wanting to make some, but I never like to keep them all because I don't want to eat them all myself!  So we decided to share the wealth=)

Then it was time for dinner.  This year I chose homemade breadsticks, Zuppa Toscana, and of course, green Kool-Aid.  Not really too green, other than the kale and punch, but it was all I dared try after the year that nobody wanted to eat my green spaghetti!  


Nothing too thrilling this year, but sometimes I like it that way.  We just had a nice, relaxing day together.

However, there was a small St. Patty's Day tragedy this year.  During the making of the breadsticks, my Kitchenaid decided to crap out on me.  Yes, the Kitchenaid mixer that I got for Christmas just over ONE year ago!!!  I can still hear faint, painful whimpering sounds whenever I think about it.  I am just  praying that it is still under warranty!

Anyway, hope all of you had a Happy St. Patrick's Day!

1 comment:

  1. I really hate green food coloring in food. It just ruins it for me. I am going to make your St. Patty's menu next year... Yum!

    ReplyDelete

We Love Comments