Friday, June 10, 2011

Thomas the Train

As you all know, we recently celebrated our one year "Ianniversary".  This was, and will always be, a very special day in our family and one that we will always cherish and celebrate jubilantly!!

However, as that day is also me and the hubby's wedding anniversary, we tried to do a little celebrating for both occasions - a little romance just for us, as well as a special day devoted just to Ian.

On our actual anniversary (Wednesday), we had some friends watch the little man for us while we went out for a dinner date at the same restaurant where we celebrated Valentine's Day this year - The Wild Rose.  We enjoyed it so much the first time we went, that we didn't venture at all and we ordered the exact same things this time around.  Once again, it did not disappoint.  Plus, it is always fun to get dressed up and have a quiet, romantic evening alone together, so that was great!  It was a lovely evening spent with the love of my life=)

Then it was Ian's turn.

On Friday morning we headed up into the mountains to find Thomas the Train.  We weren't sure how much Ian would like it, because even though he loves trains, he isn't very familiar with Thomas.  So we had gotten him some library books about Thomas earlier in the week, and watched a couple of episodes on Netflix to prepare him.  

Apparently it worked, because he loved it!!


We met Sir Topham Hatt...

...got tattoos,


Hey!  Check out my new tattoo!!

Ian helping Daddy get his tattoo

Cheese!

...and took a short ride on the Thomas train.










No ride  is too short for a snack break!!=)

We had so much fun!  And after lunch, we went into Heber City to eat lunch at the Dairy Keen.  This is a cute little hamburger joint which has a train circling overhead and around the room.  It was the perfect way to top off our day with trains!



I am so very blessed and grateful to have my little Ian in my life.  He brings me so much joy and I just can't believe how lucky I am to be his Mom.  I love him more than he will possibly ever know, and I am glad we took a day to celebrate him.  Not that we don't celebrate him pretty much every day, but I'm just sayin'!=)

I love you my Ian!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! I want to go ride that now! Glad you had a happy Ianversary:)

    ReplyDelete

We Love Comments