Thursday, June 30, 2011

You Are My Sunshine

If you read my last post, you will know that I have been struggling a little bit lately.  Even though I know that am living an amazing and wonderful life, I was finding it difficult to balance the three main hats I wear every day...
Mom, Wife, and me, Shelly. 

I appreciate the words of advice I was given, and I am finding some very helpful ways to make it all even out a bit. 

Yet in the midst of all the my inner conflict, I found something that reminded me to be grateful for the now.

I often sang this song to my baby, at a time when I wasn't sure how long he would get to stay with me, and nothing can bring me back to reality faster than reliving those painful days.

 

If I needed a reminder of the fact that I am loved and appreciated and doing something truly great and meaningful with my life, I needed only to look in the one place that seems to hold all my life's answers - some beautiful big, brown eyes.

1 comment:

  1. one of my most favorite songs from my childhood and to sing now to milo. i'll never forget the first time he asked for "sunshine song" ;)

    ReplyDelete

We Love Comments