When I checked my email this afternoon, I saw an email in my inbox from our caseworker Lori. The subject was "Update".
Instantly, my heart started pounding and I got butterflies in my stomach.
I rarely get emails from Lori. That is, unless she is responding to an email I have sent to her. In fact, the last time I had heard from her was about a month ago when I sent her an email asking for an update and was informed at that time that we were "almost" chosen for a baby girl, but that she was placed with a family who had been waiting two months longer than us.
I rarely get emails from Lori. That is, unless she is responding to an email I have sent to her. In fact, the last time I had heard from her was about a month ago when I sent her an email asking for an update and was informed at that time that we were "almost" chosen for a baby girl, but that she was placed with a family who had been waiting two months longer than us.
I took a deep breath and with a shaky hand, I opened the email.
In short, it said that a few days ago, our family had been chosen to take in a newborn baby girl. (YES!!!) However, kin showed up at the last minute so we were no longer needed. (Oh, man!!!)
I am still trying to sift through the emotions that reading those words brought into my heart, but mostly I am just extremely grateful that this baby girl has family willing and able to care for her.
I am also thrilled that we are close enough to the top of the waiting list now to be matched with waiting children, and I am so excited that our next placement could be here any day now!!
But...a girl?!?
Two "almost's" with two baby girls in less than a month.
Whoa!!!
Mike is, admittedly, a little freaked out about the thought of a girl. We have so many nephews, and of course our own son, so he is comfortable with boys. He says that he isn't sure he would know what to do with a girl. I just think he is afraid of how much she will wrap him around her little finger=)
I am both nervous and excited to think that we could get a baby girl. Originally, I was sure it would be another boy, but now, who knows? Two close calls with girls...maybe someone is trying to prepare us for something?!?! I am just excited to bring another little one into our home and the anticipation is killing me!!!
Girl or boy, I can't wait to meet them=) Either way, I just pray that the little one that is meant for us will be guided here, just like Ian was.
Girl or boy, I can't wait to meet them=) Either way, I just pray that the little one that is meant for us will be guided here, just like Ian was.
I can't wait to start this next chapter in our family's story!
Stay tuned...

You gave me goosebumps. I pray you're wait isn't much longer. You guys are great parents and I think you're right about Mike and a little girl. I can see him turning to mush with a little girl. There is just something about dads and there baby girls. I love it. :)
ReplyDelete