Monday, July 11, 2011

Hot and Scary Dragons

I have been wanting to take Ian to the zoo for a few weeks now, but it seems that each time we have tried to go, either the weather turned bad or Ian just wasn't in the mood.  So when the sun came out this morning and Ian agreed to go, I was all for it!!

There is a new exhibit at our local zoo that I have been wanting to check out- Dinosaurs!



  
Ian and I talked about them the whole way there, and he was
so excited to see them.  

That is, until the first one growled at him!  

Then we turned a corner and saw this one about 50 yards away.


Ian declared right then and there that the "dragons" were far "too scary" and he was not about to get up close and take a look!!!!  So we took the long way around each one and I made sure to avoid getting us too close to the "scary dragons"=)

We did have a great time though, despite the fact that our faces felt like they were going to melt off in the heat and most of the animals were too hot to do anything but lie still in the shade.  Next time, we will definitely have to go much earlier in the morning!!

The Carousel always saves the day!

Such a cutie!

Ian and the tigers



My baby dinosaur/dragon

Ian walked pretty much the whole way himself!  I carried him a little at the end, but he did great and never cried or complained!

Needless to say though, after a couple of hours of that, and after depleting all of the liquids I had packed with us, we decided to throw in the towel and head home for some lunch and much needed air conditioning.

Until next time scary dragons...

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Comments