We have been looking forward to this weekend for a long time, and it is finally here...and boy, are we going to be busy!!
First up...
As most of you know, Mike is running in the Ragnar Wasatch Back race this weekend. It is a 188 mile relay race from Logan to Park City. He is on a 12 person team, which they have named "Run-2-100" in honor of Mike and his website. The first van, containing the first six runners, will leave Logan at 6:30 a.m. Friday morning. Mike is the first runner in van two. They will be leaving Salt Lake City around 9:00 a.m. Friday morning to join up with van one, somewhere along the trail. Mike has three runs in the race and will be running a total of 12 miles, or so. His middle run will be sometime around 1:00 in the morning - yeah, NOT my idea of fun, but I am sure he will be smiling!=)
After a night filled with, what I am sure will be little sleep, lots of laughs, and some interesting stories for later on down the road, we are hoping that his final run will end around 9:30 Saturday morning. Unfortunately, he will be unable to cross the finish line with his team, but he has a good excuse=) He is really excited anyway, and I think it will be a VERY interesting experience, to say the least! (Somebody better take some pictures for me!!=)
Ian and I are going to drop Mike off at his friend's house Friday morning, and then we are going up to stay overnight at the cabin. This way, we will be closer to his finishing point and can pick him up as soon as he is done, plus we will get some fun in while he runs! My sister's husband is also running on Team Run-2-100, so she is coming up to spend the night too. The cabin is always fun, so this is the part where we will relax, enjoy the hot tub, ride the four wheelers, eat yummy food, and have cousins to help me chase the little man.
The next morning, my plan is to pick up Mike as soon as he finishes his last leg, find someplace for him to shower along the way, and have him to the Gateway for a photo shoot at 11:30 a.m. He gets his award at noon.
And if all this weren't enough, Sunday is Father's Day!
Like I said, one crazy busy weekend, but one that will be full of adventure, fun, and amazing honors. Can't wait!!

We will try to make it so if I am there in time I will certainly be taking pictures for you:)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great weekend! I hope you guys had fun. My hubby ran the Ragnar a few years ago and had a blast. So fun that they have that...Congrats to Mike on being Foster Father of the Year! That is amazing...
ReplyDelete-Laura