Let me just start by saying that I LOVE where we live!!! There are so many reasons why, especially in the summer time. But one of the reasons I love it today is the little splash park just down the street from our house.
We introduced Ian to it last summer, but because he couldn't even stand yet, he was content to just sit in the shade and nibble on a toy or take a nap. He really wasn't all that "into it", as I am sure you can imagine=)
This year however, is an altogether different story! Our first trip of the season happened about a week ago. It was hot, and Ian just wanted to be outside, so I thought it would be a good time to re-introduce the splash park. Bonus Mom points for me, because the kid went wild!! There were tons of other kids that he just loved chasing around, and he was having a blast!
It was so much fun for me to watch him having such a great time, but I immediately had two regrets - one, that I didn't bring my camera, and two, we didn't bring Daddy with us. We called and gave him the play by play though, and we will definitely be taking him back there with us another time!
We had such a good time though, that I decided to take Ian there again this morning. We have a busy weekend coming up, and with rain in the forecast for later today and tomorrow, I figured it was a good chance to get some play time in at the park.
When we pulled up, there was not a car in sight. Now, for any of you who have ever experienced this little park before, you know that this is NOT the norm. In fact, there are usually no spots left in the parking lot and we end up parking on the road, quite a ways away! At first I thought it might be closed, or not working, but then I spotted a city worker and she assured us that it was indeed open and in good working order. Hmmm... well as soon as we got out of the car, I realized why no one else was there. We were there kind of early (around 9:30 a.m) but the WIND... oh my! It was blowing like crazy!! It was still really warm though, so we gave it a shot. Here are a couple of photos that I took. (I made sure to bring my camera this time!)
This little geyser surprised Ian, and got him right in the face. He backed up pretty fast and then gave it a look like, "You'd better watch it!!!" (Isn't that a funny pic? Love it!!=)
After that little "surprise" water attack, Ian was quite happy to leave the water area and play on the playground instead.
Of course, like any little boy, he had to check out how this thing was put together!=)
And I think this must have been when I told him it was time to go...
So, even though we felt like we might be blown to Oz at any moment, it was still another great day at the splash park. Next time we'll be sure to bring Daddy!=)



There is a new splach park behind Walmart. We should take all the boys next week. You up for it?
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete