Saturday, June 26, 2010

Giveaway: Farm Fresh Murder

I am SO extremely excited to be having my first official blog giveaway!  And what better thing to be giving away than a book written by my newest friend, Paige Shelton?!?!?

We met only a couple of months ago at my cousins wedding shower, but we hit it off immediately and I already feel like I have known Paige for a long time.  She is such a wonderful person, and when I found out that she is a published author, I was eager to learn more.  I have always had a dream to be a writer, but I have never had any great ideas to write about, so I was excited to be making friends with an actual published author.  And, as it turns out, she writes murder mystery novels - MY FAVORITE!!!

As soon as I got home from meeting Paige, I got online to reserve a copy of her book from our library.  It is the first in a series of three and it is entitled "Farm Fresh Murder".

I must admit that I don't find nearly as much time to read these days as I would like, but I couldn't wait to start reading Paige's book so I made the time!

Her book is set at a Farmer's Market, and as you can guess, a murder takes place.  The main character, Becca, is a vendor at the Market and sort of takes it upon herself to figure out what happened.  I was intrigued, entertained, and so relieved that I couldn't figure out who had done it until the very end.  I love that suspense!!  It was VERY well written, and I could not wait to recommend it to all of you!  Plus, one of the main characters is a dark and handsome young man named Ian - no wonder I loved you right away Paige!  We were destined to become friends!!

Paige has VERY graciously offered to donate a copy of her book for my giveaway.  All you need to do is leave a comment with your name and email address and a winner will be randomly selected on Friday, July 2, 2010. 

THANK YOU PAIGE!!!

Good luck and even if you don't win, check out Paige's book at Amazon , Barnes & Noble , or your local library.  It really is great! 

6 comments:

  1. Am I dork for being one of the first to comment? Oh well, I LOVE reading and need something new to read.
    desiree624@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who doesn't love a good book? Hope I win.
    curlyivie@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in! Randomly pick me! rachel_crump@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need a new book, especially one with such a great review! You know my email!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so touched by your review, Shelly. Thank you. We did connect immediately, didn't we? It's nice to meet someone and suddenly have a new friend.

    And thanks to those who have entered. People who love to read are awesome.

    Best,
    Paige

    ReplyDelete

We Love Comments