Friday, September 10, 2010

Flashback Friday: Happy Hump Day

For those of you who are new to this little blog of mine, you may not know that before our son's adoption was finalized, we had a private blog set up for just friends and family.  We don't use it anymore, but I still keep it around for myself.  A couple of days ago, I was looking through some of the old post's from it and had the idea that I should re-post some of them here on this blog.  

A lot of really wonderful things happened to our little family while we had our private blog set up, so every now and then, I am going to re-post some of those wonderful memories.  I hope you will enjoy looking back at them as much as I do!

**And just a little side note here... I am going to be having another AMAZING giveaway next week, and you are most definitely going to want to check this one out!  It will be awesome, and you will want to tell all your friends about it!  So make sure you stop back next week and enter to win!!!**

Anyway, without any further ado, here is my first Flashback post - enjoy!

"Happy Hump Day" - originally posted on 
September 23, 2009

You may be thinking to yourself that today seems like an ordinary fall Wednesday morning, and you would be right - it is.  But I have a lot making me smile this morning. 

First... Poopy diapers.  I know, you are probably asking "what the heck"?  Well, let me elaborate.  Poor little Ian has had the "Pee-poops" for several days now and his little bum is raw and sore.  He had two spots that just would not heal, so I took him to see the doc yesterday.  She gave us some miracle cream that is already doing its magic, and the little man is already MUCH happier!  But the whole experience got me thinking.  I am grateful to have these poopy diapers because it means that I have that sweet little bum to take care of=)

Next... Mornings.  I never thought mornings could be so sweet, but waking up to Ian singing and smiling at me makes my entire day!  He wakes up so happy and it makes getting up early SO worth it!  I love these cool fall mornings where we can snuggle up with a blanket and a bottle and just cuddle for a bit.

A couple of days ago, I received what I considered to be a very nice compliment from our dear old friend Derk.  He was talking to his girlfriend Rhianna about the seemingly endless list of chores they have to do at her new-old house.  He told her all she needed to do to cheer up was to hold Ian.  He said, "Look how happy Shelly is. Since she got him she has never stopped smiling." 

IT IS TRUE.  Every day brings a new reason to smile.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful post shelly ~ it brought tears to my eyes knowing how much these beautiful miracles in our lives are loved. ;) ian is so adorable! that smile seems to just light up the room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love the poopy diapers, and the best morning wake-up calls ever.

    ReplyDelete

We Love Comments