Friday, September 24, 2010

Flashback Friday: No Girls Allowed

Flashback Friday's ~ This idea began one day while I was perusing through some of my old posts on a private blog we had set up for friends and family while our son was in foster care.

A lot of really wonderful things happened to our little family while we had our private blog set up, so every now and then, I am going to re-post some of those wonderful memories. I hope you will enjoy looking back at them as much as I do!


"No Girls Allowed" - originally posted 
March 23, 2010

I have been feeling rather crafty lately.  I have been decorating our newly finished basement, making Ian a "book" of different materials with fun textures and colors, and last, but certainly not least...
the "Fort".  What little boy doesn't love forts?

I found this camouflage material on clearance at the fabric store and decided to make my boys a fort.  It is just a simple cover for the table in our family room, but it will be much, much more than simply a scrap of fabric.

In fact, it has already become a fortress - a fortress in which I was informed upon it's inaugural use that "No girls are allowed."  I am allowed to peak in the door however - aren't they sweet?=)
I finished it one afternoon while Ian was napping.  Mike came home just as Ian was waking up, so he hid inside and I went to get Ian.  He thought it was SO cool!  They took a flashlight in, and of course the blankie... (Doesn't Ian look like he is telling his Daddy a ghost story in this picture?  LOVE IT!!)

...they interrogated their first P.O.W.=)...
...and they checked every so often just to make sure that I was watching the fun from a safe distance. 
Good thing Mike never grew up so his baby boy would have a playmate since "no girls are allowed..."

3 comments:

  1. Holy cute. Love the fort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so stinkin cute, you're such a fun Mom!....and will you show me how you did it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! What a great idea and what a great mom you are! My kids are still trying to attach blankets to our leather couch...so doesn't work! Too slippery! Maybe I need to follow your lead and make them a nice camo one to cover a table...way good idea!

    ReplyDelete

We Love Comments