Thursday, October 14, 2010

My Future Surgeon

I sincerely hope that when my little man grows up to be a big man that he understands the sky is the limit when it comes to careers.  I hope he has a passion and finds something that he really loves. I hope he is successful and has a desire to change the world - just like he has changed mine!!!

But if you were to ask me today what career path my Ian is headed for, I would tell you that he is going to be an amazing surgeon!  Here is how I know.

Every morning (and naptime and bedtime) Ian takes his binkie out of his mouth and stretches it out to me saying "binkie".  Then when I take it out of his hand, he says, "milk".  I hand him his milk, he takes a big swig, then sticks it out to me and again says, "binkie".  So you see, substitute a "scalpel" for a "binkie" here and there and one terrific surgeon he would be!!!  (And he would look so good in scrubs too!)

2 comments:

  1. He would look so good in scrubs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. too funny! :) isn't it fun to think about the future and what types of careers our children will choose? :) i think milo may be a chef ~ he's WAY too interested in his play kitchen and also wants to see everything when i'm cooking. ;)

    ReplyDelete

We Love Comments