As you already know, if you read my last post, I was a bit sad when I came home on Friday afternoon. I tried to get the tears under control before I entered my house, but when I walked in, I was still crying a little. It hadn't been a very good afternoon.
Until I walked through the door...
Apparently Ian had been running around playing with Mike when he heard the garage door going up. He froze at the end of the hallway, eyes transfixed on the door to the garage. When I walked through it, his face lit up like it was Christmas morning, he giggled loudly, and ran toward me as fast as his little legs could go. He bumped into me at full force, not even bothering to slow down, and wrapped his tiny little arms tightly around my legs.
**Sigh**
I bent down to wrap him in my arms, and all sadness over losing my fertility completely vanished in those big brown eyes.
I bent down to wrap him in my arms, and all sadness over losing my fertility completely vanished in those big brown eyes.
Of course it came back when Mikey asked if I was okay and I had to tell him about my afternoon, but for a blissful moment, all I knew was that I have the most beautiful son in the world who thinks his Mommy hung the moon. I let the tears fall and just soaked it up.
I am SO blessed!!!
So instead of moping around this weekend as I mulled things over, I spent it basking in the presence of my little ray of sunshine. This was my Saturday "date night".
We watched "Cars" and ate popcorn on the "cloud bed" while Daddy finished hanging an AWESOME ceiling fan in the living room.(Thanks Babe! It looks awesome!!)
Sunday we went on a wonderful walk as a family and then my little one helped me make some Halloween cookies.
(Don't you love the cute little cow apron?=)
Making the cookies was definitely the best part, but here was our end result.
I am so in love with my sweet little son, and I am constantly reminded, every single day, just how lucky I am to be his Mom. I waited so long to know what it feels like to be a Mom - to be the one that a child wants when they get hurt or scared, and the one he comes running to because he missed having me near when I had only been gone for a couple of hours.
Nothing could have prepared me for just how good that would really feel!
And now as I prepare to forever say goodbye to my fertility, and I struggle to come to terms with the sadness that comes with that, I can't help but feel overwhelmed at just how lucky I am to know what it feels like to love this amazing boy and be loved by him in return. Nothing will ever change that or take away my memories of watching him run toward me with all the love and excitement that only a one year old child can possess.
Thank you, my sweet baby, for filling my life and heart so completely, and reminding me, during a time of my own personal sadness, that I am the luckiest Mama I know. I love you!!





Shelley, I adore you and your amazing spirit if love and life. How lucky little Ian really is to be blessed with yo as his mom.
ReplyDeleteThere you go AGAIN making me cry! I love that little boy! I am so sorry that you are having to go through with this but I hope so much that it will make you feel better and have more energy and the pain free life that you deserve! There is nothing better in life than kids and I am so happy that you finally are getting to experience this enjoyment in life!
ReplyDeleteI agree. Nothing can heal a heart like your own little boy. Smoother yourself with his tiny hugs and kisses.
ReplyDelete-Laura
i read your last post several times and each time meant to leave a comment but instead tears just flowed.....at some point i will be met with the same decision and i think it hit so close to home that i wasn't sure what to say. i understand your emotions surrounding this topic so much but also know that sometimes we have to make really difficult decisions for the betterment of our health. i am thinking of you and praying for you. and this post...well the tears are flowing all over again. ;) it's amazing how life circumstances can make us so sad and so happy all at the same time.....
ReplyDeleteThank you everybody! I really have the BEST friends!!=)
ReplyDelete