I have tried to blog a lot this month about adoption, since November is National Adoption month, and adoption is something that I am, obviously, in support of.
And not to worry, I will get back onto that track again soon. But today I am going to veer off course a little bit to tell you about who I saw yesterday.
That's right...our baby "H", a.k.a. Hayden - who, incidentally, isn't much of a baby anymore=)
For those of you who don't know, Hayden was our first foster placement and lived with us from the time he was 9 months old until two days before his first birthday.
And yesterday, we got to celebrate his 3rd birthday with him!!
I was SO extremely excited when I opened our mailbox a couple of weeks ago to find a letter from Hayden, but I was even more excited when I saw that it was an invitation to see him and spend time with him! So off we went to the kids paradise, Chuck E. Cheese's, for Hayden's birthday party.
He is such a serious little boy!
Mike and Ian had a great time though!
![]() |
| Look Mom, I'm driving! |
| Wait a second...how did you get in here?!?!? |
| Hey Hayden, want a ride? |
| WHOA!!! |
![]() |
| Ian and Chuck E. |
Hayden was much more interested in the food than the games!
![]() |
| He did crack a little smile when we sang to him... |
![]() |
| ...although he wasn't too sure though about that candle!=) |
Looking into the big blue eyes of that sweet little boy, reinforces my feelings that Mike and I made the right choice by becoming foster parents. Even if it was in a small way, I know that we made a difference in Hayden's life. I am so relieved and grateful that he remembers us, and that we can still see the love he has for us. Hayden was the first of many miracles that we have experienced as foster parents, and he will always hold a special place in our hearts.







We Love Hayden! And I blame him for making me baby hungry...which led to Baby E being here. So thanks Hayden!
ReplyDeleteThat was such a sweet post and I am so happy you were able to go and celebrate with him. What a cute little guy he is! I love all the pictures of Ian! He is just such a happy little guy and I love his enormous smile in all the pictures!
ReplyDelete