Monday, November 8, 2010

"Walk With Me"

As many of you may already know, November is National Adoption Month, and to celebrate, there are many fun and exciting events going on around our town this month.

Last Saturday was the 5th Annual "Adoption Walk With Me" 5K fun run and walk at Liberty Park.  This event is sponsored by Families Supporting Adoption, as a way to raise awareness and put a positive face on adoption in our community.

This was our little family's first year participating, but I think it is safe to say that it WON'T be our last!

We really had a great time and met some amazing and incredible people.  I even ran some of it alongside hubby!!  I know, I know...he is an inspiration=)

There was also a prize given for wearing the most orange, and can you guess who won?  That's right - the "run2100" orange family!!  We won tickets to an upcoming symphony.  Woohoo - date night here we come=)



We are in the back talking with our new friend Dave Williams from Act of Love Adoption Agency.
Little man playing with the kids from "the r house".




 Yeah for adoption!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. We so want to join you in this next year. It looks like a lot of fun. BTW-I will watch Ian while you go to the Symphony:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for adoption!!!! :)love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will see you at the symphony! We won tickets too. ;)

    ReplyDelete

We Love Comments