Last week, a couple of my wonderfully imaginative and talented neighbors planned a girl's only "Witches Night". We all dressed up and ate delicious food, played games, and just had an all around great time. Here are some of the highlights.
![]() |
| L-R: Desiree, Jenny, Me, Stephanie, Melissa, Emily, and Shanae |
![]() |
| Desiree, Stephanie, and Melissa |
![]() | |||
| Back Row: Shanae, me, Holly, Jenny, and Desiree Front Row: Kim, Emily, Melissa, and Stephanie |
![]() |
| Me and Desiree |
![]() |
| Shanae, Desiree, and Kim |
Also, one of the many things I love about Halloween is the fun, "scary" food.
This was my dessert contribution to the witches party.
The little mice have become a tradition for me, and I make them every year. They are pretty easy, and so much fun! They are always a crowd favorite at this time of year, and add so much fun to our Halloween festivities! So I thought I would include a little tutorial on how to make them, and hopefully they will make your Halloween parties more fun too!!!
Ingredients: one package plain Hershey kisses, one small jar of maraschino cherries with stems, and sliced almonds.
First, unwrap all of the kisses and divide them in half.
In a small saucepan over boiling water, melt half of the chocolate kisses.
Holding the stem of one cherry, dip it into the melted chocolate to coat entirely.
Place on parchment lined cookie sheet. (I forgot the parchment paper, and they still worked out, but they did stick more than usual=) Place one kiss on cherry, opposite the stem, to form a face.
Arrange two almond slices between cherry and kiss to form ears. (I didn't have any this time, but in the past, I have used red colored food gel to make two little eyes.)
Let them set up at room temperature for a bit, and enjoy!!











Cute cute. So attempting your scrumptious little mice. :) I have to think of something other than almonds to use for ears since Miss D is allergic. Any ideas?
ReplyDeleteMaybe those Candy Necco wafers?
ReplyDeleteVery creative Shelly!! I will have to make these sometime. You guys look like you had a lot of fun! I think I am starting to like Halloween more, but I still don't like to dress up. :)
ReplyDeleteawww ~ So much fun!!! :) i love the little mice and will for sure be trying that out for our halloween festivities!! :) thanks!! yay ~ and a post that didn't make me cry ;)
ReplyDeletehi shelly ~ i was going to respond to your question here :) we got the little car from a neighbor who had already used it for quite a while (they have 3 kids). the first time we used it the handle broke, but they told us it was already cracked. however, it is STILL one of milo's most favorite things to play with! :) it climbs in and out of it all day long and can move it just by pushing it with his feet. his favorite thing is when his daddy pushes him really hard in it and he flies all the way across the yard. ;)
ReplyDelete